Sunday, April 12, 2020

Lining the Pan

Wifey said "why don't you make yourself useful and help me in the kitchen. I am going to bake a cake."
Me "That's good. So what do you want me to do?"
Wifey "why don't you get the baking dish ready by putting in the parchment paper, and make sure you do it the right way. Last time you did it, all my batter leaked out into the pan"
Now this was a challenge for me as I know how bad and sticky it will be if the batter leaks out.
The pan being circular made it all the more difficult. So I put my engineering skills into use and made some sort of frills (sewing skills here) so that there was no open ends left for leakage. 


After greasing the pan, sticking in the paper was tricky but finally managed it with some fine tuning 


Pouring in the batter was wifey's department as she had to make sure that it was equally distributed in both the pans. 


the two pans after baking 

Once baked I had to make sure that both the layers were exactly one on top of the other. It was not an easy task as the cake was very very soft and any mishandling would break it. 
I tried my best and this is how the second layer finally landed on the first one 


After a little bit of cajoling and pushing, I managed to align  both the layers. 
Wifey took over and did the icing part and the final product was not bad I must say. 


Oh by the way, the batter did not leak.    

23 comments:

Mathew said...

Wow...great job Joe & Marie. Joe, now you are officially certified Baker assistant! Hope Marie will agree with me!

Jim and Sandie said...

That looks so good. Jim is pretty handy in the kitchen probably more than I am.

jo(e) said...

That looks delicious! But is the parchment paper on one pan and not the other?

A Cuban In London said...

Well done, you! :-)

Greetings from London.

Lorraine said...

I'm impressed. Parchment paper is not easy to work with slithering all over while you try to finagle it into the tin. Great job. Looks delicious too!

Anonymous said...

Good job Joe - Beena

Anonymous said...

A nice happy story of cooperation.

Haddock said...

@jo(e) The parchment paper is there in both the pans. In one the height is less hence not very visible after pouring the batter.

CAntony said...

My mouth watereth. Hah . Nice teamwork!

Anonymous said...

Super Joe..... your eye for perfection is commendable. Helping so lovingly and caring. I am sure you both had a delightful Easter. - Jean Marcedo

Forum for POs' 88 said...

Joe,Small activities gain a transcedence when you set your eyes on the subject 👌

Anvilcloud said...

COVID Teamwork

Unknown said...

Madam Marie we miss your cheese cake, I'm sure after all these years together with madam, joe sir you would have enjoyed eating different types of cakes as well as preparing cakes.

gigi-hawaii said...

You both did a good job with the cake. Looks delicious, too.

Gattina said...

Looks delicious, but so much work and it will break anyway at the latest in your mouth, lol !

J E Oneil said...

That cake looks amazing. I wish I was over at your place right now!

Jeanie said...

That's what I like to see -- teamwork! It looks absolutely gorgeous and delicious, too. Well done!

Anonymous said...

Photographer, Artist, Engineer, Baker. Forever Employed - Minoo Madon

PipeTobacco said...

Beautiful looking cake, sir! Beautiful shape to the parchment too! But one question.... why grease the pan if you are using parchment? We typically use parchment to avoid having to use oil or grease in the pan. It typically lifts right out with the parchment. Just curious.

PipeTobacco

Haddock said...

@Pipe Tobacco - Your point is valid, but here I had to do it so that the paper sticks to the pan. Otherwise the paper may lift up causing the batter to run out if it is not adhered to the pan. Next time I will try as per what you have suggested, provided it is a square or rectangular pan (where the nicks on the paper is minimal)

Anushree said...

That's amazing! Looks yummy!!!

Penelope Potty Snooper said...

Really well lined tray. Is that what made the cake so good ?

Delhi Films - Best Wedding Photography Company in Delhi said...

Hire best wedding photographer in Preet Vihar, Delhi to Capture Your Special Moments. Delhi Films provides all types of photography services at affordable prices in Preet Vihar. You will surely fall in love with our wedding photography.