Friday, October 30, 2009

Man of grit and determination





We send our kids to the best school in town (doesn’t matter if its far away) And then after school he/she has to attend tuitions, and tuitions start as early as from the first standard !!
Some even go to the extend of proclaiming, my daughter is "convented" (whatever that means)
A few years ago I read an article in one of the magazines and thought, if we have more people like this, the world would have been a better place to live for the kids.
I had been regularly following his (Uttam Teron's) progress and coaxed him to start an account in a bank (having larger network in the country) so that people who wanted to contribute could directly transfer the money.
 I did a write up about him and his academy on Flickr (click on the picture below for details)

These are some of the recent photographs that he has send me. The joy of getting a new carom board, some of the sarees woven at the place and US astronaut Mike Fincke visiting the loom.
You can get more info about the school here.

Parijat Academy

6 comments:

Haddock said...

Hey, my hyper links are not showing up here.
Am I missing something ?

Zuzana said...

Very interesting blog. Look at all the colours. And I love the old photographs in the post below.
Thank you for stopping by my place.;)

Shalini said...

An endeavor that definitely needs to be supported. Education will solve so many of our recurring problems.

Sapna Anu B.George said...

great to meet you and greet you in blogs

Stephanie said...

Fabulous photos and post! I love the glimpse into your life:)

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some comment love. I'm now your newest follower!

workhard said...

The pics came out real nice..

Im sure how happy the kids must be on getting their first carrom board

Work from home India