Monday, June 12, 2023

Circus

After a long time, I went to the Circus. In fact as kids, one of the good memories that we all have is going to the circus. Two things I liked about this circus (Circus Vazquez) is that it had artists from different parts of the world. Like the Malkhamb artist who came from India.
The Bingo Dance Troupe came from Kyiv Ukraine.
One of the highlights of the show was the capability of Housch-ma-Housh to keep everyone in splits. He too is from Ukraine.
Cyclist Pavel Valla who is a Czech- British with a Spanish heart was not deterred by the fifteen wheels in his cycle when it came to do the balancing act. (see video)
The juggling act by the brothers was fun to watch (wonder if they are twins)
Good to see that the hula hoop is back in action which was a craze in the 60s
Had a chat with the Malkhamb lad (Hasan Ansari) who is from Chembur - Mumbai. He reminded me of my friend Vesavkar who was also from Chembur and was good at Malkhamb.
The trapeze artist performing without safety nets gives one the goose bumps, but she was good at it.
The team from Mongolia gave a good performance. It was all a matter of perfect timing.
The Final bow was very impressive.
Oh, I forgot to mention the second thing that I liked. It is the fact that this circus was performed without any animals.

24 comments:

DUTA said...

Wow! It had to be good: no animals, and circus performers of various nationalities and preparatory schools.
The juggling, the cycling,the trapez performance etc.. left me speechless.

Haddock said...

@DUTA : Yes, for me too it was a first time, with so much variation sans animals.

roentare said...

Such an incredible show with these excellent artists! I am surprised that the circus allows you to photograph at all.

Ed said...

Every once in a long while, we still get a circus that travels through the area and we have gone a few times over the years. They are small affairs that mostly make money selling souvenirs to the kids but I do enjoy their performances. Like yours, mostly they have been without animals. One had a few animals for riding (for a fee) before or after the circus but didn't actually have a roll in the circus.

Haddock said...

@roenare: Before the show they did announce that the audience can take pictures and tag them on social media (more publicity for them I suppose)

@Ed: Yes, in fact i have taken a vow that I will never see a circus where animals are made to perform.

magiceye said...

Brought back fond memories of excitement at the circus. Thank you.

J.P. Alexander said...

Parece que la pasaste genial. Te mando un beso.

trees said...

So glad there were no animals. The malkhamb artiste is excellent.

Veronica Lee said...

I love that there were no animals.

What an incredible show!

Happy Tuesday!

Mihaela Toilă said...

Such an incredible show with these excellent artists of various nationalities and no animals! I am surprised that the circus allows you to photograph at all. The last time we went to the circus (like many years ago) they didn't let us take photos.

The bike shed said...

I rather like the circus too. There is a unique atmosphere under the big top, and mostly the acts are pretty amazing - often good value too. Perhaps also it reminds me of my childhood when its arrival always coincided with by brother's birthday and we would go as a treat.

Haddock said...

@magiceye : Right, takes us back to our childhood.

@Christine: Thanks

@J P Alexander: Glad you liked it.

@Madhav : Thanks Madhav. Glad you liked it.

@treees: No animals is a welcome change.

@Veronical Lee: It was a great show.

@Mihella Toila: Before the show they did announce that the audience can take pictures and tag them on social media (more publicity for them I think)

@The bike shed: Yes, the big top brings happiness to many.

Anonymous said...

Superb
First time I came to know that MALKHAMB is performed in circus.

Regards,
Madanlal Sharma

Liz A. said...

Such amazing performances. I'm glad you enjoyed the show.

Anonymous said...

Wow, superb, seeing a circus after a long time n that too at home. Thanks Joe.

Anonymous said...

Amazing skill these artists have.Enjoyed the circus through your lens.

Jeanie said...

This looks like a fun event and I'm so glad you were able to record it on your camera and share with us!

jabblog said...

Thank you so much for the video. Many impressive performances there. It's so good to see a circus without animals.
Thank you, also, for visiting my blog.
Janice

Kim said...

Oh gosh, this brings back memories. I haven't been to a circus in years!

Anonymous said...

Wow. What a spectacular show. Such talent skill and dedication.
Love the article.
Lolly

Mari said...

Thanks for stopping at my blog.
This looks like a fun evening - acts from all over and lots of talent!

Lisabella Russo said...

Wow! It looks incredible!

Elderberry-Rob said...

I like a good circus with no animals, this must have had tremendous atmosphere and skill.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

When I was a kid the circus came to town every year - always something to look forward to.