Saturday, March 7, 2020

Cycle Rickshaw

One of the mode of transport used in Jaipur is the Cycle Rickshaw. It is used mostly to transport goods. 





At times they do take passengers too but many are uncomfortable sitting in it at the thought of being pulled by another human being. Before starting the rickshaw driver pulls it by hand for a short distance to gain momentum.  


Another form of transport is the "tuk tuk"  


Here our tuk tuk driver was so confident of his driving skills that he was looking back and pitching his sales talk of the places that he could take us for a small fee. 


In case you are wondering about the horse on the road, he is probably waiting for the next customer in front of the shop where you get Horses and Elephants on hire.



Talking of elephants, from the top of Amer fort I saw the elephants plodding down the slope to get the next batch of tourists. It was tough for the elephants especially when going down hill. (see video) After reading about the elephants being tortured to "train them" I wonder why jeeps (with four wheel drive) are not used to transport the tourists. 


There is a large cooking vessel on top of Amer fort. Wonder what is the point of discussion here between the tourists and the guides. A good picture for a caption contest. What is your caption? 




11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I have seen it. What we do in the name of tourism????!!!!!! - Beena Beliappa

joeh said...

Elephants are wonderful creatures, riding one would be an experience, but I would feel like it is a bit disrespectful. Why would it be different from a horse? I don't know to me it would just be.

Mary Kirkland said...

I love elephants. Wow, that's a great way to get products from one place to another. You can really pile them on there.

Anvilcloud said...

While I am not pleased about the elephants, there is something that I like about the less impactful level of technology with the use of both animal and human power.

PerthDailyPhoto said...

Amer looks beautiful Haddock, my personal method of exploring is by foot, I know right, an unusual concept 😉

Bijoux said...

That bowl is amazing. We have a commercial here that says, 'Got Milk?' So my caption would be, 'Got Rice?'

Liz A. said...

I'd much prefer motorized transport to an elephant. Sad.

Aditya Titus said...

👍👍my caption would be:'This here is a royal bird bath'

Milind Bodas said...

Yes, you are right. They should stop torturing elephants. This is not their natural habitat.

Jeanie said...

Oh my, what a load to pedal. Your photos are magnificent. They really tell a story.

Packers and Movers in Bangalore said...

Thanks for sharing this useful information! This is really interesting information to read. Best high-quality Packing And Moving services at affordable prices within your budget.
@ Packers and Movers Hyderabad
@ Packers and Movers Bangalore