Saturday, January 25, 2020

Nedumudy and Fish curry

When wifey saw the drumstick in our garden she said "let us make some fish curry"




So it was my duty to pluck one and the instructions were very clear  "make sure you cut the fat one as the other one is still tender"
It was washed and peeled and cut into equal pieces (I have always wondered how she manages to cut them exactly into the same length without using a measuring tape) 


I kept hovering around in the kitchen as I wanted to click the finished product. I saw that she was following the recipe "Meen Muringakka curry" 


The aroma and the taste when fish is cooked in a chutty (earthen pot) is very appetising 


As she was cooking I glanced through the recipe book and found that this Meen curry happens to be a delicacy of Nedumudy, one of the larger villages of Kuttanad (Kerala)
This village takes you to a picturesque hidden nature known as Munnattumukham, where three rivers mingles each other and flows. This is the spot where the river  Manimala joins the river Pampa 


So now there is only one drumstick remaining, and my guess is that this will go into the Sambhar next week. 

  

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to hear from you Joe. The curry sounds great, must try it. - Beena Belliappa

Anvilcloud said...

The mixture cooking in the pot looks very interesting and rich and makes me wonder how it tastes. I am not a big fan of fish, but I do wonder.

Christine said...

looks wonderful

Christine said...

first I am hearing of this drumstick vegetable.

trees said...

Surprised to read Christine's comment above. Drumstick or moringa (the leaves) is now touted in Western countries as the wonder cure for a host of ailments. Long used in India, especially southern India, the muringakai (drumstick) is a versatile vegetable.

Liz A. said...

Your wife probably has been cutting veggies for years, so from practice she can make them the same length. Only experience gives that regularity. Impressive.

Jeanie said...

Curry is so delicious! I'll bet your home smelled just incredible!

Anonymous said...

Have never eaten or made Muringakka with fish, with prawns yes, must get the recipe from your wifey. Excellent picture of the fish curry - Daisy

Michelle said...

The curry looks wonderful!

Vallypee said...

That looks simply delicious! The colours and the fresh ingredients must have made it something to savour.

Hootin Anni said...

I learned so much visiting here today. It looks very good!

R's Rue said...

Yum.

Shilpa said...

Looks yummy