Monday, September 9, 2019

Footloose

Seeing these girls dance to the music of Footloose reminded me of watching the movie with the same name way back in the early eighties, featuring Kevin Bacon and Lori Singer.  


Had been to the Septemberfest in the suburbs of Chicago (conducted by the Village of Schaumburg)
It featured arts & craft, Bingo, craft beer, wine tent, food and  entertainment on four stages.


It was on one of these stages that I saw this group performing. The music and the dance kept me so absorbed that I could not venture out to check the other stages. 



The costumes were appropriate and and it went well with the songs selected. 




I ended up capturing a bit of all the dances and strung it up to make it into a two minute video. 

At the end during the bow I gathered that the half an hour performance was done by the students of BISI Jr Dance Company from the BISI Chicago Dance Company located at Elk Grove Village.






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool - Vanaja Rao

Jim and Sandie said...

Wow. Even when I was young I couldn't make my body move like that. They are wonderful.

Mary Kirkland said...

I've always liked the movie, Footloose.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Nice job with the video!

Except for winning a jitterbug contest many years ago, I'm not a very good dancer, (My partner was outstanding and very easy to follow.) so I enjoy watching others dance well. You must've had a blast watching those girls.

And NOW... "Footloose" is playing in my head... :)

Jenny Woolf said...

I am always so impressed by dancers. I have always had two left feet, it seems, and envy their ability to express themselves through movement in this way. Lovely video.

Lorraine said...

What a great variety of dances. Loved the video.

Anvilcloud said...

I think I saw Footloose which was more my daughter's type of movie.

Anonymous said...

Enjoyable watching the dancing second hand from the other side of the world- Vimala Madon

Cobalt Violet said...

So cute! I miss dancing. The only time I seem to dance now is at a wedding! :)