Sunday, October 21, 2012

A movie with a message



There must be very few who did not enjoy the comic books  when they were kids. (I always wondered why they were called comic books)
My favourite ones were Phantom, Mandrake the magician and Tarzan. 


It was so fascinating to know that Tarzan was the child of Lady & Earl of Greystoke who were shipwrecked and how he was adopted by one of the apes who had  lost her own child. 


Then came other lovely cartoon strips like Denis the Menace followed by Calvin and Hobbes. The difference between Denis and Calvin is that Denis thought and spoke like a child would whereas  Calvin’s thoughts and words were that of an adult.
Coming back to Tarzan, I remember the time I cut up all the Tarzan comic strips from the daily newspaper (Monday to Friday) stuck them together to form one big roll.    
I  modified  a shoe box  to make some sort of a movie viewing box and fixed the roll in it so that it could be viewed like a movie. Those were days when kids were happy with simple pleasures  of life…

Recently I saw a short cartoon movie  which  brought back old memories. This  was an animated movie with a  difference . It conveys a message of life  without actually preaching about it. In fact there are no dialogues, no voice over, just music (and I loved the music too). It is for the viewer to decide what the movie has to say. The message is so simple that even a kid can understand it. Come to think of it, I think this is a good cartoon movie for kids. A movie with a message.
To see the 3 minute movie click here.

8 comments:

Hilary said...

I never really got into comics

Beth said...

Comics were a long time ago for me.

Connie said...

I didn't read Tarzan comics, but I do remember reading Dennis the Menace and some of the others. I enjoyed the video. Very cute and a good message for all in it. Nice post! :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't read comics as a child but my husband did....and still does from time to time.

Tonja Drecker said...

I didn't read comics until my son started to. Now, I sneak a peek when he isn't looking :)

Journey of Life said...

I didn't like much comics when I was little.But, I do like Charlie Brown.

Aaron said...

aaah.. such fun.. comics can be a bliss.. my earliest memories are laughing out loud over the idiosyncrasies of the Thom(p)son twins and the 'floral' language of Capt.Haddock! #tintin..

A said...

Oh Tarzan, I almost forgot :-)